Interpreting Bible and Literature Across Cultures
To celebrate the 400th anniversary of King James Bible, SELBL will host a day conference to commemorate the beautiful translation of this Bible in English, a version from which common idioms in English are originated, and one that deeply influences the literary world. The objectives of this conference is to bring the Bible into the public domain by introducing its literary influences, and to establish the credibility of SELBL as an organization that promotes a) the study of Bible as literature and its cultural importance; and b) the use of Bible as an evangelical tool in cross-cultural ministry; and c) innovative ways of evangelism through teaching the Bible.
- Prof. David Jasper, Professor in Literature and Theology, University of Glasgow, UK
- Rev. Carver Yu, Head of China Graduate School of Theology
- Prof. Perng Ching-Hsi, Professor Emeritus of Drama and English at National Taiwan University
- Dr John Lai Chi Pang, Assistant Professor, Department of Cultural and Religious Studies,CUHK
- Mrs Julia Wan, Part-time lecturer in English Language and Literature, HKBU
Entrance fee per participant: HK$100